Question, Understand, Explore, Seek, Think
The Gifted & Talented Program in Scotch Plains – Fanwood Public School District is called Q.U.E.S.T. and is committed to providing learning opportunities which will stimulate all children while simultaneously meeting the unique needs of the academically talented students.
Q.U.E.S.T. is a program for academically Gifted & Talented students in Grade 4 through Grade 8. The goals of the Q.U.E.S.T. program are to:
- Develop students’ conceptual understanding of real-world themes, issues, and problems.
- Provide advanced opportunities for students to think and for problem solving.
- Enhance students’ creative thinking skills and encourage innovation.
- Develop students’ metacognitive skills to foster independence and self-directed learning.
- Develop students’ social skills though positive peer relationships and social interactions.
- Engage students in individual and cooperative learning environments where they have the opportunity to clarify and negotiate their thinking with others.
In addition to in-school opportunities, students are involved in interdistrict activities, enabling them to interact with other Gifted & Talented students both in our district and neighboring districts. These activities prepare our learners for meaningful participation in both the classroom and the community.
Brunner Elementary School - Ms. Deborah Close
Coles Elementary School - Ms. Kimberlee Ciemniecki
Evergreen Elementary School - Ms. Deborah Close
McGinn Elementary School - Ms. Kimberlee Ciemniecki
School One Elementary School - Ms. Charity Morris
Nettingham Middle School - Ms. Nicole Ferreira
Terrill Middle School - Mr. Joseph Roskin
Program Supervisor - Ms. Guida Faria
Contact email - email@example.com
Contact Phone: (908) 889-8600 Ext. 31405