The letter you received indicating your child's cohort has incorrect information regarding start dates for in-person instruction. The correct dates for starting in-person instruction are:
RED Cohort will attend in person for the first time on THURSDAY 10/22
BLUE Cohort will attend in person for the first time on MONDAY 10/26
Welcome to the SPF Preschool Program!The Scotch Plains - Fanwood Preschool Program provides a foundation of readiness skills for 3- and 4-year-old children. The preschool program is a tuition-based, regular education program with integrated classes that include some classified student participation. Enrollment is limited to Scotch Plains and Fanwood residents
We are now on a waitlist for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please complete this electronic form to be added to the waitlist.
Our Program At-a-Glance
- Half-day sessions are held in the morning (8:35-11:20am) or afternoon (12:20-3:10pm).
- Classes meet 5 days per week following the district school calendar.
- Approximately 15 children comprise each class.
- Each class is supervised by a teacher certified in Early Childhood Education and is assisted by a full-time instructional aide.
- Children must be residents of Scotch Plains or Fanwood to participate.
- Children must be 3- or 4-years-old on or before October 1st of the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Our program utilizes Creative Curriculum for its proven results in promoting literacy, mathematics and critical-thinking skills.
- Applications are accepted until the program reaches capacity.
To learn more about our program, please see the Preschool Newsletter.Contact Information
SupervisorLorraine StaniecAdministrative Assistant(908) 889-8600 ext. 31402
If you are concerned that your child is developing or learning differently, you can request an evaluation for preschool special education and related services. For more information, please call the Department of Special Services at (908) 889-0100.